Glenn Beck finished atop the list of “The 16 Most Popular Cable News Anchors on Facebook” from Business Insider’s The Wire, despite the minor detail that he is no longer a cable anchor, having left Fox News Channel June 30.
Other observations on the list: Anchors who want to make the list should look for work at Headline News, as the CNN spinoff claimed seven of the 16 spots, but those who aren’t satisfied with merely making the list and want to own it should seek airtime at Fox News Channel, which accounted for three of the top five spots.
Speaking of the top five spots, there was a severe drop-off after number five, with fifth place totaling nearly five times more Facebook likes than sixth place.
The complete list, in order of likes on Facebook, according to The Wire:
- Glenn Beck, formerly of-Fox News Channel, 2,030,119
- Sean Hannity, Fox News Channel, 794,438
- Nancy Grace, HLN, 786,117
- Anderson Cooper, CNN, 576,164
- Bill O’Reilly, Fox News Channel, 455,785
- Jane Velez-Mitchell, HLN, 96,033
- Fareed Zakaria, CNN, 79,864
- Richelle Carey, HLN, 71,448
- Joy Behar, HLN, 57,565
- Drew Pinsky, HLN, 52,508
- Piers Morgan, CNN, 49,077
- Greta Van Susteren, Fox News Channel, 43,581
- Mike Galanos, HLN, 36,924
- Shepard Smith, Fox News Channel, 36,892
- Christi Paul, HLN, 32,281
- Soledad O’Brien, CNN, 27,177
Readers, which cable news anchors do you follow on social media?