The entrance by Team USA in the Parade of Nations during the opening ceremony of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia, was the most-buzzed-about moment on Facebook during the event, while the sport that was mentioned most in chatter on the social network was bobsled, according to data released by Facebook.
The social network said more than 5.9 million users produced some 9 million status updates, comments, and likes related to the opening ceremonies. The five most-buzzed-about moments were:
- Team USA in the Parade of Nations (and their colorful sweaters).
- The Jamaican bobsled team’s entrance.
- The Olympic Rings malfunction when the fifth snowflake failed to open.
- The lighting of the Olympic Flame.
- Russian history unfolding in an elaborate, colorful performance.
And the five sports that were mentioned most in chatter were:
- Figure Skating
- Ice Hockey
Readers: Did you interact on Facebook during the opening ceremonies of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games?