Music fans have embraced concert-discovery application Bandsintown, and now the company is targeting artists and managers with its new app, Bandsintown Manager, aimed at allowing them to manage their social presences via their devices.
Bandsintown Manager enables artists and managers to post event dates and other tour information to social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and YouTube, as well as to their websites and via music-oriented partners including Shazam, Nokia MixRadio, SoundHound, DeliRadio, and Squarespace.
- The ability to create Facebook events for upcoming shows and display them under Tour Dates tabs on their pages, where users can RSVP, comment, and share.
- Geo-targeted posts on Facebook and Twitter from presale through opening night.
- Multiple artists can be managed via a single dashboard.
- Notifications for approval of pending tour dates from third-party sources.
- Insights and statistics.
- The ability to send push notifications to fans in the event of cancellations or venue changes.
- Photos and videos shared to Bandsintown and Instagram by fans are aggregated and can be browsed and reposted.
Bandsintown CEO Julien Mitelberg said in a release announcing Bandsintown Manager:
Our goal has always been to connect artists and fans so they never miss a show. By introducing a mobile app built exclusively for artists, we enable both major and emerging acts to better promote their tours and for the first time to communicate directly with our 11 million registered users, so concert-goers get the most out of the live music experience — before, during, and after the event.
Music fans: How connected are you with your favorite artists on Facebook?