The number of local business pages advertising on Facebook has nearly doubled since January, and the total number of active local pages is up by more than 40 percent over the same time period, Director of Global SMB Markets Dan Levy said at BIA/Kelsey’s Interactive Local Media West conference in Los Angeles Thursday.
Other data shared by Levy included:
- 150 million Facebook users visit pages every day.
- Nearly one-half of those visits in the U.S. are happening via mobile.
- Since the social network launched promoted posts in June, more than 300,000 pages have used the feature more than 2.5 million times.
- More than one-quarter of small businesses are new advertisers on Facebook.
- Three-quarters of promoted posts on Facebook every day are from repeat customers.
- More than 3 million page administrators are using mobile application Pages Manager.
Readers: How often do you interact with the Facebook pages of local businesses?