Facebook completed the rollout of its developer alerts feature in late November, and now, the social network announced an updated settings menu to allow developers to manage how they receive those alerts.
Developer alerts are issued by Facebook in the following cases:
- If apps are using functionality that Facebook is altering or removing, alerts will be issued 90 days, 60 days, and 30 days prior to the changes taking effect, as well as on the day of the event.
- When the status of app submissions changes, such as when open graph actions are approved.
- Violations of Facebook’s platform policies and subsequent enforcement, such as relegating offending apps to sandbox mode.
- Open graph approval status updates.
- Updates on the status of your appeals.
- App center approval status updates.
- Payments payout updates and alerts.
- Alerts about Facebook platform changes that may break your app.
- Alerts about moratoriums/restrictions placed on your app.