Adobe is upgrading its Facebook marketing software in a big way.
Adobe Social, available in late 2012, incorporates technology from Context Optional and Efficient Frontier.
The new offering from Adobe positions the vendor to compete with the likes of Buddy Media and Involver, allowing digital marketers to:
- Cross-post to Facebook and other social networks.
- Automate targeting and personalization of content across social applications and platforms.
- Integrate the creation of sponsored stories within the publishing work flow.
- Import analytics data from Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus, blogs, and other social platforms.
- Identify and engage fans with the most influence upon others.
- Monitor sentiment and receive alerts on relevant trends.
- Create contests and forms with rich design and programming capabilities.
- Measure how social media interactions affect purchase behavior.
Adobe Senior Vice President and General Manager of Digital Marketing Business Brad Rencher said:
The sheer scale of word-of-mouth that can be accomplished on social media can become a powerful boost or tragic descent for any company and is best managed if a company’s social marketers are in lock-step.
Adobe Social brings to social marketing the control and accountability expected across other digital channels. The ultimate aim is to help social media as a marketing channel mature and prove its worth alongside other digital marketing investments.