Predictions for 2012 continue to roll in, with the latest coming from Dean Alms, vice president of marketing at Facebook commerce provider Milyoni.
Milyoni teamed up with live-streaming provider TV Free Media to present the World Series of Beer Pong VII on the BPong.com Facebook page Wednesday.
Alms’ predictions for 2012 include :
- Roughly 16 billion Facebook Credits were bought and used in 2011, and that could triple to more than 40 billion in 2012, citing stronger promotion by the social network and more use of the currently by large brands.
- In addition, big media companies including Universal, Miramax, and Lionsgate will enhance their Facebook presences with video-on-demand and live concerts and sporting events, giving Facebook Credits a boost.
- Facebook users’ privacy concerns will intensify with the introduction of features such as direct messaging to fans, sponsored stories in the news feed, and others.
- Competition will also intensify, as Google Plus will make acquisitions in sectors including social apps, social features, and creative talent.
- Spending on Facebook ads, sponsorships, social promotions, and Facebook Credits will increase fivefold in 2012, to $15 billion.
- Facebook users will become annoyed with pages that are not official pages of brands, and they will demand greater authentication.
Readers: What do you think of these predictions for the coming year?