Offerpop threw its hat into the Facebook fundraising ring with the launch of Fundraise, which allows organizations to accept donations on their Facebook pages.
Fundraise provides the following features to organizations looking to raise money:
- People must like the organization’s Facebook page before contributing;
- Seamless integration with PayPal;
- Submissions and voting windows can be scheduled;
- Amount options for donations are customizable;
- Limits can be set on the number of times fans can vote or donate;
- Fans can vote for or donate to multiple entries;
- Customized thank-you messages can be delivered to fans following donations;
- Donor info such as names and email addresses is collected;
- Fundraise generates real-time reports that can be archived and downloaded into Excel.
The Dog Whisperer star Cesar Millan used Fundraise to drive the Top Dog Fundraiser for The Millan Foundation, more than doubling its goal of $10,000 by raising $21,000.
Offerpop’s Marketing Manager Mairead Ridge added:
Facebook already gives fundraisers a great way to reach and engage their supporter base. Offerpop’s Fundraise app allows them to take those relationships to the next level by raising donations right on Facebook. It’s simple: Brands launch a fun, small donations drive on their Facebook pages. Fans then use our simple sharing tools to promote their entries to their friends, who “vote” for them by making donations. Fans become evangelists, and campaigns go viral. It’s a smart, social, powerful way to raise money for a cause.
Readers: Have you ever donated money to a cause directly via the organization’s Facebook page?