Social customer-relationship-management platform FanGager released a suite of more than 100 interactive applications for Facebook pages, promising brands greater visibility in the changed news feed.
The company offers as examples:
- Trivia Video: It allows users to watch videos, answer questions, and earn points;
- Focus Group: It allows fans to choose between two branding options in video, music, or image format, helping the host company to formulate strategy;
- Spot the Difference: Two similar images are displayed, and users must identify the subtle differences;
- Shop Online: Consumers purchasing goods or services online are rewarded; and
- Profile Pic: Fans can create images that will potentially be used as the host company’s next profile picture.
FanGager Founder and Chief Executive Officer Eran Gefen said:
The original Facebook publishing configuration used to force brands to share passive content in the form of photos, videos, and texts. The new Facebook design transforms a user’s profile from one focused on the most recent activity to one that encompasses a user’s entire biography.
FanGager’s app suite presents an opportunity for brands to turn fans into active ambassadors as they now participate in targeted activities that are tailor made for the new sharing-friendly Facebook layout.
Readers, do you think boosting visibility in Facebook’s news feed is something an app can really fix, or does it require some brainstorming as well?