Private trading platform SecondMarket had been one of the primary sources for trading stock in Facebook prior to the social network’s initial public offering, and it created a farewell message in the form of an interactive timeline depicting the history of the stock.
- Facebook on SecondMarket includes the following information:
- Facebook’s price per share (monthly weighted average) and corresponding estimated market capitalization from April 2008 until April 2012.
- Data on buyers via SecondMarket, 85 percent of which were institutional investors, including asset managers, hedge funds, and family offices.
- Data on sellers, broken down by type, gender, and age.
- Buyer geography.
- The number of Facebook transactions on SecondMarket.
The charts below are an appetizer, and we recommend checking out Facebook on SecondMarket for the main course.