Facebook and its Parse cloud-application platform are set to invade Austin, Texas, for South By Southwest, complete with the Parse + Facebook ice cream truck, and the social network published a schedule of Facebook and Parse SXSW events and talks in a post on its developer blog.
The SXSW schedule of events from Facebook and Parse follows (all times CT):
- Friday, March 7, Parse + Facebook Welcome Party, The Parish, 8 p.m. to midnight: Join us at The Parish to kick off a great week of events. We’ll have performances by Learning Secrets, The Black Angels, and Holiday Mountain, plus much more. RSVP here today.
- Friday, March 7, and Monday, March 10, The Facebook Counter, FB HQ at the Belmont, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Join us at “The Counter” at FB HQ during SXSW. Pop in, grab a drink, and get some tips from Facebook and Parse experts from the marketing and platform teams. You must RSVP here for a spot.
- Sunday, March 9, FbStart, FB HQ at the Belmont, 10 a.m. to noon: Join Parse and Facebook at FbStart Austin for a special mobile-focused event covering how to best use Parse and Facebook. Including a fireside chat and question-and-answer session with the co-founder and CEO of Parse, Ilya Sukhar, the event is geared toward those focused on marketing, growth, and user acquisition. Apply to attend here.
- Monday, March 10, Parse Austin Meetup, Capital Factory, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.: If you’ve never used Parse before and need an overview, or if you want to learn more about what Parse apps are doing in the wild, join us for this meetup. You can register to join us here — no SXSW pass necessary.
And talks from Facebook, Parse, and Instagram are scheduled as follows:
- Saturday, March 8, Rise of the DEO — Leadership Lessons By Design, Austin Convention Center, 10:30 a.m. to 10:50 a.m.: Maria Giudice, director of product design at Facebook, will explore the intersection of creativity and business acumen, explaining how and why this unlikely coupling produces leaders most capable of solving our increasingly complex business problems. More info here.
- Saturday, March 8, Structuring Community During Exponential Growth, Sheraton Austin, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Josh Riedel, community manager at Instagram, will participate in this panel covering various approaches to establishing the organization, process, and priorities of community teams at scale alongside team members from SoundCloud, Kickstarter, and Airbnb. Learn more here.
- Saturday, March 8, Bringing Sexy Back to Developers, Four Seasons Ballroom, 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Sukhar will talk about why back-end functionality is just as integral as user interface to building an app that attracts and engages people. More info here.
- Sunday, March 9, Brands Driven By Artistic Communities, Sheraton Austin, 11 a.m. to noon: Bailey Richardson of the Instagram community team will participate in this discussion of how artistic communities, such as Instagram and Spotify, are transforming imagery, music, and the maker movement. Learn more here.
- Sunday, March 9, Giving Tuesday: Inside the Sharknado of Giving, Austin Convention Center, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.: In this fireside chat, three of the people behind the #GivingTuesday movement, including Facebook’s Libby Leffler, talk about philanthropy, Facebook, and the power of sharing. More info here.
- Sunday, March 9, Instagramming the News, Austin Convention Center, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.: David Guttenfelder, the AP’s chief Asia photographer, will discuss the growing influence of social media on professional photography with Time Photo Editor Kira Pollack and Instagram Community Leader Dan Toffey. Learn more here.
- Monday, March 10, Leapfrogging the First World, Austin Convention Center, 11 a.m. to noon: Facebook Creative Lead Carla Echevarria will discuss a few case studies that can point toward innovative solutions for emerging markets that are truly scalable and work to overcome local barriers to enrich the lives of people all over the world. More info here.
- Tuesday, March 11, How Spartacus Dominated the Facebook Arena, Austin Convention Center, 11 a.m. to noon: Join Mike Rooney, global marketing solutions for entertainment at Facebook, and Starz for a behind-the-scenes look at the cultivation, activation, and sustainment of the “Spartacus” fan page. Learn more here.
- Wednesday, March 12, Come On, Get Appy, Austin Convention Center, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Ime Archibong, strategic partner manager at Facebook, will participate in this session exploring the changes in how people share, discover, and consume music thanks to popular music apps, and take a look at how key app developers are leveraging social networks to drive this music revolution. More info here.
Readers: Are any of you going to SXSW?