Social marketing platform Roost set out to determine what types of small and mid-sized businesses rule the roost in terms of growing their social audience and remaining active in marketing.
Roost’s findings include:
- Small and mid-sized businesses involved in music, entertainment, and luxury goods had the most reach.
- The most active small and mid-sized businesses were in the medical and health industries.
- The most efficient “signal-to-noise” ratios were posted by companies in the music and broadcast media sectors.
Medical practices were the most confounding, coming in dead last out of 28 industries analyzed by Roost in terms of reach, but topping the activity list.
Other industries with similarly large gaps included:
- Music, number one, 26th in activity;
- Consumer electronics, number five versus 23, respectively;
- Hotel and hospitality, six versus 25;
- Commercial real estate, 25 versus seven;
- Fitness, 26 versus five; and
- Insurance, 27 and eight.