Timeline, timeline, wherefore art thou, timeline? The lack of a firm rollout date hasn’t stopped Facebook developers from introducing or updating cover photo creation tools, however.
New Facebook app Cover Photo Magic enables users to create cover photos, the centerpieces of timeline profiles, by choosing from a selection of templates, and then dragging and dropping in photos of their choice.
The developer said features that will be added in the coming weeks include:
- Uploading photos from users’ hard drives;
- Positioning and resizing photos;
- Window-to-window drag-and-drop;
- Image filters; and
- A type tool allowing users to insert text.
Meanwhile, myFBCovers has added features since we first covered it in September, including:
- Effects such as Polaroid, panorama, sepia, embossing, and black-and-white;
- A redesigned, easier-to-use Facebook cover creator; and
- A contest in which the creator of the most downloaded Facebook cover every week wins $50.
Readers: Have you thought about which images to use for the cover photo for your timeline profile?