Facebook’s valuation has risen to $52.1 billion, based on the latest auction results on SecondMarket. Yes, that’s another all-time high.
The latest private market sale of Facebook shares saw a 4.2 percent increase in the closing price compared to the previous transaction, according to an email that TechCrunch published.
The recent deal closed at $21.90 per share, compared to a previous $21.01 a share. But the growth rate in the latest deal was technically twice that of the prior one, which had only resulted in a 1.2 percent gain.
One could call that an increase in momentum, although that seems more like a description of public share transactions. Below is a copy of the email from SecondMarket summarizing the latest auction that Arrington had published in TechCrunch:
To all Facebook shareholders:
Thank you to those who participated in this week’s Facebook auction. The auction was again successful and fully cleared at a per share price of $21.90. Next week, the reserve price will be $21.50, and we will continue to require a minimum sale of 25,000 shares.
If you own shares that you are eligible to sell and wish to participate as a seller, please complete the attached Seller Information Sheet and submit it to SecondMarket at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, December 13 at 11:59 PM EST.
Please see below for detailed results on previous auctions and for this week’s auction calendar:
Previous Auction Results:
Total Shares Cleared to Date: 2,471,265
December 6, 2010:
Total Number of Shares Offered for Sale: 100,000
Number of Shares Cleared in Auction: 100,000
Reserve Price: $21.50
Clearing Price: $21.90
November 29, 2010:
Total Number of Shares Offered for Sale: 475,000
Number of Shares Cleared in Auction: 475,000
Reserve Price: $20.60
Clearing Price: $21.01
November 22, 2010:
Total Number of Shares Offered for Sale: 1,896,265
Number of Shares Cleared in Auction: 1,896,265
Reserve Price: $20.60
Clearing Price: $20.76
Next Week’s Auction Timeline:
· Monday, December 13 at 10:00 AM EST – Auction process commences
· Monday, December 13 at 11:59 PM EST – Seller order forms due
· Tuesday, December 14 at 9:00 AM EST – Buyers informed of share quantity available
· Wednesday, December 15 at 12:00 PM EST – Buyer order forms due
· Wednesday, December 15 at 5:00 PM EST – Participants informed of auction results
· Wednesday, December 15 at 8:00 PM EST – Transaction documentation distributed to buyers and sellers
· Friday, December 17 at 4:00 PM EST – Completed transaction documentation due from buyers and sellers
· Friday, December 17 at 7:00 PM EST – Notice to be sent to Facebook, Inc.
Do you think the private shares’ momentum will continue to build or not? What do you expect will happen in the next auction of Facebook holdings?