Facebook Weekly Highlights features photos and videos posted to the social network by celebrities and athletes. This week’s edition featured the photo on the homepage of “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” host Jimmy Fallon celebrating 1 million Facebook likes; as well as the photo above posted by hip-hop star and actor Will Smith to honor the late James Avery, his co-star in “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.”
Other athletes and celebrities to make the cut this week were:
- Lucy Hale, star of “Pretty Little Liars,” after winning a People’s Choice Award for favorite cable TV actress.
- That Awkward Moment co-stars Michael B. Jordan, Zac Efron, and Miles Teller thanking fans and promoting the film.
- Juan Pablo Galavis of ABC’s “The Bachelor” posted a “singing selfie” and participating in a question-and-answer session with fans at Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park, Calif.
- Downhill skier Lindsey Vonn announced that injury would prevent her from participating in the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia, and sharing a photo of her new dog, Leo.
- Washington Redskins Quarterback Robert Griffin III expressing his approval of the hiring of the team’s new head coach, Jay Gruden.
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) skydiving on the third anniversary of the shooting that left her critically wounded.
- Manchester United soccer star Wayne Rooney confirming that he will miss time due to injury.
- Actress Cameron Diaz promoting her new book.
- Model and actress Heidi Klum en route to the People’s Choice Awards.
- Pittsburgh Steelers Strong Safety Troy Polamalu giving away gift cards to Facebook fans.
- Hip-hop star Daddy Yankee partaking in Throwback Thursday.
- Utah Gov. Gary Herbert responding to his state’s ruling on same-sex marriage.
- Singer Robin Thicke looking forward to his performance at the upcoming Grammy Awards.
Readers: Did any of your favorite athletes or celebrities make the cut?