Facebook Weekly Highlights features photos and videos posted to the social network by celebrities and athletes. This week’s edition featured this photo from FC Barcelona’s 4-3 victory over Real Madrid in the “El Clasico” soccer match last week.
Facebook said its top 10 topics for the week in terms of buzz rankings (Sunday through Wednesday) were:
- Univision’s “Nuestra Belleza Latina” beauty competition
- The death of Dave Brockie, lead singer of heavy metal band Gwar
- El Clasico
- The deadly mudslide in Washington state
- AMC’s “The Walking Dead” and “Terminus”
- Quarterback Michael Vick joins the New York Jets
- The Hobby Lobby U.S. Supreme Court case
- Draya Michele gives “Basketball Wives” co-star Sundy Carter a black eye
- The Indiana Pacers edge the Miami Heat, 84-83
- The 2014 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship tournament reaches the Sweet 16 round
Other athletes and celebrities to make the cut this week were:
- Shop.com Senior Vice President Loren Ridinger backstage at “Nuestra Belleza Latina.”
- Musician and performance artists Peaches remembers Brockie.
- Emily Kinney of “The Walking Dead” posted a video of the season finale.
- Vick thanks National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell.
- BASE jumper Joby Ogwyn discusses his upcoming jump off Mount Everest in a question-and-answer session on the Discovery Facebook page.
- Singer Mariah Carey shared the birthday greetings she received from fellow singer Beyoncé.
- Actor Josh Duhamel wishes his wife, Fergie, a happy birthday, with the help of their child.
- Arianna Huffington with Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg.
- Actors Katherine Heigl and Andras Pataki being photo-bombed by director Joe Carnahan.
- Actress Jessica Chastain shared photos from her birthday festivities.
- An old photo from No Doubt.
- FC Barcelona and Brazil soccer star Neymar with supermodel Gisele Bundchen.
- Seattle Seahawks Cornerback Richard Sherman with former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
Readers: Did any of your favorite athletes or celebrities make the cut?