Facebook Weekly Highlights features photos posted to the social network by celebrities and athletes. This week’s edition featured the photo on the homepage of retiring Indian cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar leaving the pitch for the last time; as well as the photo above, posted by National Basketball Association superstar and Miami Heat Forward LeBron James, of youths playing basketball in the Philippines amid the destruction caused by Typhoon Haiyan.
Other athletes and celebrities to make the cut this week were:
- U2 releasing “Ordinary Love,” its first new song since 2009, and debuting the video on Facebook.
- Oprah Winfrey after being awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama.
- Another Facebook video premiere, this one for “Show ‘Em (What You’re Made Of),” by Backstreet Boys.
- Singer Kelly Clarkson announcing that she and husband Brandon Blackstock are expecting their first child.
- “Dancing with the Stars” guest judge Maksim Chmerkovskiy hosting a live chat.
- British pop star Robbie Williams being interviewed by friend and biographer Chris Heath in an exclusive Facebook special.
- Singer Justin Timberlake performing in his hometown of Memphis, Tenn.
- Actor Vin Diesel on the set of Fast and Furious 7.
- Family photos from singer Shakira and her husband, Spanish soccer star Gerard Piqué.
- Joan Rivers and her dog, a Japanese Chin named Teegan.
- National Football League superstar and Detroit Lions Wide Receiver Calvin Johnson hosting a question-and-answer session on the team’s Facebook page.
- Pop star Austin Mahone at Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park, Calif.
- A prime minister selfie featuring Singapore’s Lee Hsien Loong and Malaysia’s Najib Razak at the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting in Sri Lanka.
- Dessert with “Project Runway” judge Nina Garcia.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson of “Modern Family” prior to appearing on “Good Morning America.”
- Haitian Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe during a Facebook Q&A.
Readers: Did any of your favorite athletes or celebrities make the cut?