Facebook also revealed its lists for best new games of 2013 and staff favorites, as well as this year’s additions to its Hall of Fame, adding that a total of 23 games were highlighted.
Of those 23:
- 10 were developed by studios in Europe or the Middle East.
- Eight are cross-platform, integrating with Facebook via Web and mobile.
- Eight were developed by independent studios.
- Seven are mid-core or hard-core games.
- Five are arcade games.
- Five are casino or slots games.
Facebook said of its Game of the Year winner, Criminal Case:
This hidden-object game from a French indie studio combines crime-scene investigation with engaging sharing mechanics to create the most successful Facebook game of the year. As detailed in our case study of the game, Open Graph stories featuring visceral artwork drove organic growth for the game throughout the first half of the year. Content updates and additional cases drove more growth for the game in the second half of the year.
More details on the other highlighted games are available in a post on the social network’s developer blog.
Facebook’s best new games of 2013 were:
- Bake Shop Drop, Broken Bulb Studios
- Farm Heroes Saga, King.com
- Heart of Vegas, Product Madness/Aristocrat
- Hit It Rich Casino Slots, Zynga
- Jelly Splash, Wooga
- Kitchen Scramble, Disney Interactive
- Monster Legends, Social Point
- The Smurfs & Co.: Spellbound, Ubisoft
- Soldiers Inc., Plarium
- Solitaire Tales, Qublix
- Thunder Run War of Clans, SpinPunch Games
- Vikings Gone Wild, EveryDayiPlay
The list of Facebook staff favorites was:
- DoubleU Casino, AFewGoodSoft
- Game of Thrones Ascent, Disruptor Beam
- King’s Bounty: Legions, Nival
- Panda Jam, SGN
- Wartune, Road7/Proficient City
- War Commander, Kixeye
Finally, the 2013 inductees to Facebook’s Hall of Fame were:
- Candy Crush Saga, King.com
- DoubleDown Casino, DoubleDown Interactive/IGT
- FarmVille 2, Zynga
- Slotomania, Playtika/Caesar’s Interactive
Readers: How many of these games have you played?