People all over the world watched the Grammy Awards ceremony Sunday night, also taking to Facebook to post about their favorite stars or fashions. According to Facebook’s Talk Meter and InStyle magazine, users loved to post about the looks rocked by Katy Perry and Justin Timberlake, but they thought Rihanna was the best-dressed.
Facebook partnered with fashion magazine InStyle to track the trending artists on the social network, in terms of their ensemble and hair:
Most talked-about celebrities on the red carpet (and their designers):
- Perry, Gucci
- Rihanna, Azzedine Alaia
- Kelly Rowland, Georges Chakra
- Beyoncé, Osman
- Jennifer Lopez, Anthony Vaccarello
- Adele, Valentino
- Taylor Swift, J. Mendel
- Florence Welch, Givenchy
- Carrie Underwood, Roberto Cavalli
- Miranda Lambert, Roberto Cavalli
- Timberlake, Tom Ford
- Nas, Brioni
- Adam Levine, Lanvin
- Miguel, Lanvin
- Chris Brown, Lanvin
- Tim McGraw, Tom Ford
- Drake, Saint Laurent Paris
- LL Cool J, Giorgio Armani
- Ed Sheeran, Burberry
- Rick Ross, Tom Ford
Best dressed of the night: Rihanna (men and women agreed)
Most talked about performance looks:
- Underwood in a custom illuminated Theia ball gown, inspired by the Freedom Tower in NYC.
- Fun. in traditional fitted shirts and cropped pants, which were doused with a mid-performance rain shower.
- Alicia Keys in a black sheath with sheer panels for her performance with Adam Levine.
- Timberlake in Tom Ford for his first Grammy performance in six years.
- Rihanna in a sparkling gold two-piece by Luciano Soprani, paying tribute to Bob Marley with Sting, Bruno Mars, and Ziggy Marley.
- Swift in an all-white circus-themed costume, ripping off her skirt to reveal short shorts, as she opened the Grammys.
- Jack White in a head-to-toe look adorned with sequins and rhinestones performing two songs from his current album.
- Miguel and Wiz Khalifa in coordinating black and white blazers for their performance of “Adorn.”
- Kelly Clarkson in a black velvet Oday Shakar dress with a wide glitter belt, paying tribute to Patti Page and Carole King.
- Rihanna in a fitted black column gown by Alaia performing “Stay” with Mikky Ekko.
Most talked about stylish couples:
- Lopez and Casper Smart
- Jay-Z and Beyoncé
- Rihanna and Brown
- Pink and Carey Hart
- Faith Hill and McGraw
Most talked about trends:
- Leg slit
- Mini dress/skirt
Most talked about colors:
Most talked about hair:
- Rihanna: To complement her red-hot Azzedine Alaia number, Rihanna’s caramel highlights were worn in loose waves.
- Beyoncé: Beyoncé’s strands were pulled into a sleek low ponytail with a graphic center part.
- Adele: Never one to disappoint with her flair for vintage style, Adele wore her gold layers in a retro-inspired coiff with volume at the crown.
- Swift: Swift played off of her J. Mendel gown’s ethereal feeling with a braided updo.
- Keys: Keys pumped up the volume with an edgy pompadour.
Most talked about jewelry
- Adele: Posie-shaped opal earrings with ruby petals by Cartier.
- Underwood: A $31 million Johnathon Arndt necklace, featuring 381 carats of oval, pear, marquise, and round brilliant white diamonds.
- Clarkson: Turquoise and blue sapphire statement earrings.
- Rihanna: A twisted, bejeweled bracelet by Neil Lane, and diamond rings on nearly every finger.
- Beyoncé: Two Lorraine Schwartz geometric cuffs filled with black and white diamonds.
People also flocked to Instagram to like and comment on their favorite celebrities’ photos. Timberlake gained 90,000 followers in one night (he launched his Instagram account Sunday afternoon). Clarkson also launched her Instagram account Sunday, gaining 32,000 followers.
Rihanna was mentioned on Instagram 80,000 times, Swift 69,000, Beyoncé 52,000, Ed Sheeran 46,000, Prince 43,000, and Perry 21,000. The Grammys were mentioned 290,000 times.
Readers: Did you post about the Grammys on Facebook?