Group administrators can also add groups they manage to a favorites list to be highlighted in their left-hand-side menus, and settings can be added quickly.
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg went out of his way to mention groups during the social network’s fourth-quarter earnings call in late January, saying that more than 500 million users were using the feature every month, and since then, Facebook has introduced several groups-related tweaks and improvements, including:
- Encouraging group admins to add descriptive tags to their groups for easier discovery, in February.
- Revamping the groups discovery page, also in February.
- Adding the ability for users of its flagship Android application to upload multiple photos simultaneously to groups, last month.
- Adding the ability for group admins to review and approve pending posts by group members to its flagship iOS app, last week.
- Adding group updates to its Paper iPhone app, last week.
Readers: Do you have access to the new Groups You Admin section?