Social media management platform HootSuite is looking to carve its niche into the business market with today’s launch of HootSuite Teams, a suite of tools designed to further collaboration within businesses.
HootSuite said its corporate clients have tripled over the past year, with its social media dashboard now in use at two-thirds of the Fortune 100 companies, and adding that it has seen social media teams at companies expand from one specialist to hundreds at some firms, with an average of 23.
The company offered the example of Urban Outfitters’ Free People, which went from a single Facebook page and one social media specialist in April 2009 to more than 70 Facebook pages today, with more than 150 employees authorized to contribute content.
HootSuite Teams will allow companies’ social media teams to:
- Use its scheduling features to plan social media campaigns months in advance.
- Limit which company employees can post what to which social networks, enabling powerful permission settings and global top-down controls.
- Build social media teams by department, product line, or region.
- Post across Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks as a cohesive team.
- Assign incoming social media messages to team members for them to follow up on.
HootSuite Founder and Chief Executive Officer Ryan Holmes said:
Social media used to be one intern. Now it’s multimillion-dollar teams at the planet’s largest companies. Customers are asking for enterprise-grade support, and Teams is a powerful, intuitive solution.