It seems like we can never say enough about how addictive Facebook is. We’ve got a list of ten questions that can help you identify whether you’ve got an addiction to social media — it’s based on an infographic from Column Five Media, which asks “Do you need a social media detox?”
Now, we’re not advocates of an all-out detox from Facebook, but rather using it in moderation — unless the site causes you pain or conflict that doesn’t go away even with reduced usage.
With that in mind, how many of the following questions do you find yourself answering “yes” to?
- Do you find yourself wanting to click like on things that are offline?
- Do you suffer from thumbs-up paralysis from all that liking?
- Do you get depressed when your status updates or Tweets aren’t rebroadcasted enough?
- In real life conversations do you spell out words like L-O-L, W-T-F and L-M-A-O?
- Are you still hoarding old social networking accounts on sites like MySpace and Friendster?
- Do you go out of your way to become mayor of as many local hangouts as possible?
- Does playing FarmVille make you feel like a real life farmer?
- Do you get enraged when one of your frequented social networks is down?
- Do you spend all your spare cash on new devices that allow you to update all your social networks at once?
- Do you slip into a paranoid psychosis when you don’t have your iPhone, iPad, laptop, Android or other mobile device nearby to check up on your social networks?
Readers, let us know in the comments section how many of the above questions apply to you.