Pointing out that 35 percent of users who like Facebook pages do so in order to participate in contests, Facebook application creator ShortStack prepared an infographic outlining 17 steps that page administrators can take to ensure that their contests are successful.
More details follow in the infographic, but the 17 steps to make your Facebook contest “explode,” from ShortStack, are:
- Decide if you really need a contest.
- Set some goals.
- Host the right type of contest.
- Familiarize yourself with Facebook’s policies and guidelines.
- Know what you want.
- Decide if you want to use a third-party application.
- If you’re using a third-party app, choose one with three essential features: flexibility, embeddable capabilities, and mobile capabilities.
- If you’re using a third-party app, choose one that won’t bust your budget.
- Weigh the pros and cons of fan-gating.
- Pick a relevant prize.
- Make it worthwhile.
- Keep it simple.
- Make it visible.
- Tell the world about it.
- Mine the data.
- Follow up.
Readers: Anything to add?