What better way to say, “Happy Valentine’s Day,” to your significant other than to drop a 90-point bomb of a word on them while playing Words with Friends? That was one of the findings of a Valentine’s Day poll by game developer Zynga.
More than 6,000 Words with Friends players participated in Zynga’s second annual With Friends Valentine’s Day poll, and its findings included:
- 30 percent of players have used the chat feature to flirt with their opponents.
- Nearly one-quarter try to play higher-scoring words against opponents they are attracted to.
- More than one-half are more attracted to opponents with strong vocabularies.
- 26 percent of married players play against their spouses.
- Nearly one-quarter are more competitive when playing against someone they have feelings for.
Words with Friends players: How many of Zynga’s poll findings apply to you?