Instagram revealed its best of 2013 last week, and Monday, the Facebook-owned photo- and video-sharing network went back into year-in-review mode with its blog post on the moments of 2013, offering up 13 of them.
The moments were:
- Catholics bid farewell to Pope Benedict XVI and welcome Pope Francis.
- Egyptians gather in Tahrir Square and revolt against President Mohamed Morsi.
- @joemcnallyphoto snaps a #fromwhereistand from atop the Burj Khalifa.
- People document the U.S. Supreme Court decisions on same-sex marriage in California.
- Instagram celebrates the marriage of @robinmay and @matthewjay, the first known couple to wed after meeting on Instagram.
- @dguttenfelder, @drewkelly, and others share moments from North Korea.
- Russia sees its first InstaMeet, as does the White House.
- The world welcomes the birth of Prince George, and another celebrity baby makes her debut.
- Michelle Obama joins the #tbt (#ThrowbackThursday) bandwagon.
- Kobe Bryant walks again.
- People document the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan’s destruction in the Philippines.
- Batkid saves San Francisco as crowds document his adventure with the #sfbatkid hashtag.
- Crowds gather to mourn the passing of Nelson Mandela and celebrate his life.
Readers: Which of these 13 was your favorite?