Computer security software provider McAfee announced that its McAfee Social Protection application, which launched in free public beta for Windows users (Internet Explorer 8 or higher and Firefox 8 and higher) last August, is now available via Google Play for Android devices.
McAfee Social Protection displays users’ Facebook photos as blurs, which can only be displayed properly once users’ friends have installed McAfee Social Protection. Photos cannot be downloaded, shared, or captured as screen shots. And the app includes facial-recognition software that alerts users if photos are uploaded to the social network that might have those users included but not tagged.
Users of the app can:
- Upload photos from their cameras, mobile devices, or libraries.
- Share photos with Facebook friends.
- Check Facebook friends’ protected photos.
- Select photos to protect and determine who can view them.
- Determine if friends will be able to see posts about albums.
Android users: Will you download and use McAfee Social Protection?