OoVoo, which claims 46 million worldwide users, also launched 12-way video chat capability for Apple’s iPad tablet, as well as updated apps for desktops and the iPhone and Android platforms. New features include:
- The ability to connect with friends both Facebook and non-Facebook for 12-way free video chats.
- 12-way video chat hosting on the iPad with the option of viewing four video streams simultaneously.
- The ability to connect with non-OoVoo users by emailing, posting, or texting OoVoo call links.
- A new user interface and simplified user registration using Facebook.
- The option to record and upload video chats to Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter, free of charge.
Chief Executive Officer Yuval Baharav said:
Today’s product announcement is a major milestone for OoVoo and our users. OoVoo’s community is over 46 million strong, and our average user spends significant time engaging in fun and interesting activities, including watching TV, playing music and games, doing homework, and just being together. This release was driven by our daily interactions with our users, and by our vision of an open communications platform that seamlessly becomes part of our users’ social lives.
Readers: Which, if any, video chat applications have you used with Facebook?