Today is expected to set a Cyber Monday record in terms of sales, but how big a role will Facebook play?
Cyber Monday followed Black Friday, and marketing software vendor Kenshoo found that:
- Online search advertising spending increased 48 percent year-over-year on Black Friday;
- Online retail revenue driven from search advertising increased 29 percent on Black Friday and 40 percent on Thanksgiving Day;
- Average search advertising cost per click increased 25 percent on Black Friday;
- Online retailers’ return on advertising spend fell 13 percent on Black Friday; and
- Total sales driven by search advertising for the week leading up to Black Friday increased 25 percent.
Now the question remains: How much of the Cyber Monday shopping will involve Facebook? Let us know what you think by participating in our poll below — you can choose more than one answer or write in your own.
Don’t forget to check back later to see how others are voting, and by all means, elaborate in the comments section on your rationale for your vote.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.