The cover image is a dominant presence on Facebook pages, and Facebook application creator ShortStack designed a template for page administrators seeking to revamp their cover images, as well as some related tips.
ShortStack’s cover image tips, from a post on its blog, were:
- Update your cover photo frequently — once per month is ideal.
- Always include a photo description when you update your cover photo image; in the description, provide links and a call to action.
- Use arrows and other design elements to direct Timeline visitors’ eyes to the like button or to an app.
- Coordinate your cover photo with your profile photo.
- If you haven’t yet, experiment with free photo-enhancing sites such as Pic-Monkey.
Readers: How often do you change the cover images on your pages?