The top 20 brands on Facebook boasted an average of 14,442,075 likes at the end of January and averaged 45 posts for the month, according to the most recent statistics from social media analytics platform Socialbakers.
- The top industry in terms of Facebook likes for December was fast-moving consumer goods, at 235,080,193.
- Walmart remained the top brand on the social network in terms of likes, with 32,168,069.
- Disney also held on to the title of top media brand, with 11,913,686 likes.
- The top brand in terms of Facebook post engagement rate was Windy City Parrot, at 5.47 percent.
- Socialbakers’ Socially Devoted list for January was topped by T-Mobile USA, with a score of 798.
Socialbakers CEO Jan Rezab said in a release announcing the funding:
Social is defining the future of marketing, but marketers don’t have the insights they need into social behavior to make the right decisions. Socialbakers is uniquely positioned to deliver the much-needed insights into content, engagement, and advertising that enables marketers to succeed in social marketing. This funding will further establish our authority in social analytics, publishing, and advertising to brands and agencies based in the U.S. and globally.
Readers: Were you surprised by any of Socialbakers’ findings for January?
January 2014 calendar image courtesy of Shutterstock.