With the Wimbledon Championships tennis tournament in full swing, Rafael Nadal was the most-talked-about male player between June 24 and July 1, according to data from Facebook, while the people talking about this leader for women was Maria Sharapova, and the most-talked-about moment was unranked Steve Darcis’ stunning upset of Nadal in the tournament’s first round.
Facebook said it measured more than 11.6 million worldwide Wimbledon-related interactions between June 24 and July 1, and its findings follow:
Top countries talking about Wimbledon:
Top social moments:
- Darcis’ first-round upset of Nadal, June 24
- No. 3-seeded Sharapova, Federer (No. 3), and Azarenka (No. 2) all fall in the second round, June 26
- No. 1 Williams upset by No. 23 Lisicki, July 1
- No. 4 David Ferrer tops No. 26 Alexandr Dolgopolov in five sets, June 29
- Local favorites Murray and Laura Robson both advance to the third round to keep British hopes alive, June 28
Readers: Have you interacted on Facebook at all while keeping up with Wimbledon?